Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 12-Easter Break!

This week was a wrap up of all our classes. These next two weeks will be filled with various open rehearsals for each class-Stage Combat, movement, Shakespeare, acting. I look back at the past couple of weeks and marvel at how much has happened-in such a compact space in time-many changes in personal growth and a grand procession of memorable events. Needless to say, I am feeling a lot of pressure at this time because a lot of written work is due and many of our teachers will be in attendance at our open rehearsals.

But before we enter the final swell, we were treated to four days of break for Easter. My friend and I traveled to Scotland-both for the first time. We visited Glasgow and Edinburgh. Glasgow reminded me a bit of San Francisco because it is very laid back, but I fell head over heels for Edinburgh. That city is magical, and I wish I had more than a day to explore it. For our day in Edinburgh, we wandered up and down the Royal Mile and all over Old Town-visited Edinburgh castle, bought scarves for our families, visited Parliament, got lunch at a tavern that used to be a tollbooth and prison during medieval times (didn't try haggis...was too scared! Next time!) and climbed Arthur's Seat. All in 60 degree weather.

To be honest, I was so focused on not breaking my neck that I didn't really look up until we reached the topmost point of the Seat-but when I did, the view literally took my breath away (mostly because of its' beauty, partially because the wind slapped me across the face.) It was a humbling experience. We watched the sun touch the horizon and then melt into four colors, it was such a vision. A good way to spend Easter Sunday.

I will definitely be back-stole my heart-the rascal!

see what I mean?

for stage combat-a scene from John Dryden's All for Love. 

Right. It's Michele's Seat now, actually. ;) 

I must have taken five million pictures. 





until next time, lovely one.
two. more. weeks. 
-M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment